Growing your own produce can have a range of benefits, beyond the satisfaction of producing healthy food you can enjoy from plot to plate!
• Learn valuable new skills regardless of age or ability.
• Produce your own low-cost fruit and vegetables.
• Experience healthy and tasty fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs, free from chemical residues and full of flavour.
• Health benefits associated with fresh air and physical activity.
• Feeling of well-being from greater contact with nature.
• An enriching social activity, bringing communities together.
• Gain a working knowledge of ecology and the natural environment.
• Transferable skills, which could enhance employability in the local food sector
• Understanding of seasonal, local produce and the potential to try new foods.